Saturday, March 28, 2020

FG Is Not Sharing ₦30,000 To Nigerians. Ignore Any Website Saying they Are





Please note that the Federal Government is NOT paying or planning to pay N30,000 to every Nigerian with a verified BVN account

Disregard mystatenews dot com and all other websites peddling this FAKE NEWS. And stop sharing it!

Benue Confirms First Case Of Coronavirus

Benue State has confirmed its first case of coronavirus. Governor of the state, Samuel Ortom, just confirmed the case.

The Nigerian government, late Friday, recorded 11 new cases of the Covid-19 pandemic, bringing the total number to 81 in the country. However, with the new confirmed case in Benue, the number will now be 82 in the country. The The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) is yet to update its data.

The NCDC has posted on its official Twitter handle (@ncdcgov) late Friday that: “11 new cases of #COVID19 have been reported in Nigeria: 8 in Lagos, 2 in Enugu & 1 in Edo State. “As at 11:55pm 27th March, there are 81 confirmed cases of #COVID19 reported in Nigeria. 3 have been discharged with 1 death.”

Friday, March 27, 2020

Mologic invents A 10-Minute Coronavirus Antibody Test, Costs $1

LONDON (Reuters) - A British company behind a 10-minute coronavirus antibody test, which will cost about a $1, has begun sending prototypes to laboratories for validation, which could be a game-changer in the fight against the pandemic.

Health technology firm Mologic, which created one of the first at-home pregnancy tests, is aiming for the test to be rolled out by as early as June if the trials are successful.

Antibody tests are designed to establish whether people have previously been infected, as opposed to antigen tests which show if someone actually has the COVID-19 disease caused by the virus.

Mologic said assessment and validation of its COVID-19 diagnostic test had begun this week at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine and St Georges hospital, and that global partners would also examine the prototypes.

Joe Fitchett, Mologic medical director, said that while many companies were working on virus diagnostics, [b]the aim was to create cheap, widely available tests.


“They must be made available to the vulnerable and most precious in society, in the UK or elsewhere,” he told Reuters.

“I would be really disappointed to see a good test that is shown to work to be sold on Amazon only be used by a tiny proportion of the population.”

Read more




Combating the coronavirus pandemic: Bosch develops rapid test for COVID-19 (95% Accurate, Takes 2.5 Hours)

The coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 is posing major challenges for healthcare systems and medical institutions worldwide. An ability to rapidly diagnose the virus is of invaluable help in curbing its exponential spread in many countries. Bosch’s new, fully automated rapid test for COVID-19 can help medical facilities such as doctors’ offices, hospitals, laboratories, and health centers make fast diagnoses.

The rapid molecular diagnostic test runs on the Vivalytic analysis device from Bosch Healthcare Solutions. “We want the Bosch rapid COVID-19 test to play a part in containing the coronavirus pandemic as quickly as possible. It will speed up the identification and isolation of infected patients,” says Dr. Volkmar Denner, chairman of the board of management of Robert Bosch GmbH.

Developed in just six weeks, the rapid test can detect a SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus infection in patients in under two and a half hours — measured from the time the sample is taken to the time the result arrives.

Another advantage of the rapid test is that it can be performed directly at the point of care. This eliminates the need to transport samples, which takes up valuable time.

It also means patients quickly gain certainty about their state of health, while allowing infected individuals to be identified and isolated immediately. With the tests currently in use, patients must usually wait one to two days for a result.

“Time is of the essence in the fight against coronavirus. Reliable, rapid diagnosis directly on site with no back and forth — that is the great advantage of our solution, which we see as another example of technology that is ‘Invented for life,’” Denner says.
 More

Americans to receive $1,200 while Canadians will receive $2,000 as stimulus against coronavirus outbreak

Americans to receive $1,200 while Canadians will receive $2,000 as stimulus against coronavirus outbreak

Canada's Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau has announced new financial measures to help Canadians affected by the coronavirus pandemic.

Workers who lost their income as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, people who are quarantined, caring for someone with COVID-19 and parents who have to stay home to take care of their kids will be given $2,000 a month for up to four months through the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB).

The new system replaces the Emergency Care Benefit and the Emergency Support Benefit to streamline benefits for those whose qualify for Employment Insurance (EI) and those who don’t, after over a million people applied for the old program last week.

Read more

Instagram is removing coronavirus-related content not shared by health organizations in order to stop false claims from spreading

Instagram has announced they have started removing coronavirus-related content and accounts from recommendations and 'Explore' unless posted by credible health organizations.

The Facebook-owned app said the move is to stop false claims and conspiracy theories that have been flagged by authorities from causing harm to the public during the pandemic.

According to the social media giants, users who search for information related to the coronavirus will be presented with an educational message connecting them to resources from the World Health Organization and local health ministries.

When they also search in Explore, they will see reputable sources and pages from the World Health Organization, United Nations Children's Fund and other official organizations.

Instagram is removing coronavirus-related content not shared by health organizations in order to stop false claims from spreading

 Instagram says it is 'working quickly to make this available globally over the coming weeks.'

'We will also start to downrank content in feed and Stories that has been rated false by third-party-fact checkers,' the photo-sharing platform added.

Airline offers to pay passengers up to $8,570 if they catch coronavirus after flying with them

Airline offers to pay passengers up to $8,570 if they catch coronavirus after flying with them
A Vietnamese airline looking to get customers during the coronavirus slowdown is offering passengers an incentive.

Vietjet’s has offered their passengers an insurance plan that will pay them up to $8,570 if they catch the deadly coronavirus after flying with them.





Vietjet’s "Sky Covid Care" insurance is provided free of charge for all eligible passengers regardless of their age or nationality, on all domestic flights until June 30, according to the UK’s Independent.

The carrier said: "With the insurance, passengers are eligible for insurance coverage and benefits from Vietjet within 30 days starting at 00:01 of the flight date, regardless of how passengers are infected with the disease."

Vietjet said it has set aside "tens of billion dong" to cover the insurance, which is designed to "bring passengers assurance."

At current exchange rates, 24,000 Vietnamese dong is equivalent to $1.02.

To qualify, the airline said, passengers must provide "all information in accordance with Vietjet’s terms and conditions" when buying the tickets including the full name with ID as proof, date of birth, phone number and email address.

The customer also must "comply with all regulations on disease prevention and control of Vietjet, the Ministry of Health and authorities."

The caveat is that people who have already been tested positive are ineligible, as are those who violate safety regulations, such as isolation or travel bans.

The airline also said it won’t cover passengers with epilepsy, mental illness or suicidal behavior.

Vietjet, which describes itself as a "new age" airline, also made headlines in 2012, when it was fined after hosting a bikini show on one of its planes, the Independent reported.

FBI arrest man for 'selling' phony coronavirus cure and scouting for investors with Magic Johnson's name

FBI arrest man for
A Southern California man who claimed to have developed a cure for COVID-19 and soliciting for investments in his company, has been arrested by the FBI.

The 53-year-old man identified as Keith Lawrence Middlebrook, solicited for investment in his company with claims of Earvin “Magic” Johnson being in his board of directors.

In a statement released by the U.S. Justice Department officials, it was gathered that at  least 2 million people have seen YouTube and Instagram videos that falsely claim he created a coronavirus prevention pill and an injectable cure for those already infected.

Middlebrook was arrested on Wednesday March 25, on a federal complaint of wire fraud, carrying a penalty of up to 20 years in federal prison if convicted. The federal case is believed to be one of the first in US connected to an alleged coronavirus scam.

Read more

'Anyone seen in the streets will serve as an example' - Drug gangs in Brazil's lawless City of God impose strict coronavirus curfews to residents

Drug traffickers and militias in Rio de Janeiro's lawless Cidade de Deus (City of God) favela in Brazil, have taken the law into their own hands by imposing strict curfews on residents over the deadly coronavirus spreading all over the world.

The move comes after Brazil's Health Ministry confirmed 2,201 cases of COVID-19 and 46 deaths from the virus on Tuesday.

While Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro has been widely criticized for a slow response to the outbreak, the criminal gangs at favelas, a sprawling complex of slums are now taking their own precautions against the virus, according to residents and press reports.

Rio newspaper, Extra, reported that the City of God gangsters have been driving round the slum, blaring out a recorded message to residents.

Read more

Coronavirus forces Zimbabwe to reintroduce use of US dollar

Coronavirus forces Zimbabwe to reintroduce use of US dollar
Barely a year after the Zimbabwean government outlawed the use of foreign currencies in local transactions, citizens have been granted permission to pay for goods and services in United States dollars by the Country's Central Bank.

Zimbabwe's central bank governor, John Mangudy said the reintroduction of foreign currency for transactions in the country is part of the measures to mitigate the devastating impact of coronavirus pandemic on the society and the economy.

Read more

Up to 14 percent of the recovered coronavirus patients in China test positive again

Up to 14 percent of the recovered coronavirus patients in China test positive again
Up to 14% of recovered coronavirus patients in China have reportedly tested positive again after being discharged from the hospital.

Doctors at a hospital in Wuhan, China, where the virus emerged reported that between 3 and 14% of cured patients became reinfected with the illness, though it’s unclear whether they were contagious the second time, the South China Morning Post reported.

South Africa charges two coronavirus patients who refused to self-isolate, with attempted murder

South Africa charges two coronavirus patients who refused to self-isolate, with attempted murder
South African police have charged two men with attempted murder after they tested positive for the coronavirus and refused to isolate themselves.

Police minister Bheki Cele announced the charges on Wednesday during a press conference, saying: 'If you break these laws of regulations you are six months in or fined, or both."

"Two people have been charged already... who deliberately moved around after they were told not to," he warned.
"So it's not a fairytale to say the law will act and act very harsh on you."

Thursday, March 26, 2020

COVID-19: UBA Donates ₦5 Billion For African Fight Against Pandemic

United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) today announced a donation of over 5 billion naira (USD14 million), through the UBA Foundation, to catalyse a comprehensive pan-African response to the fight against the coronavirus (COVID-19) global pandemic.

The donation will provide significant and much needed support to Nigeria and 19 other African countries, by supplying relief materials, critical care facilities, and financial support to Governments. The UBA support programme will be allocated as follows:

N1 billion (USD2.8 million) to Lagos State Government in Nigeria.

N500 million (USD1.4 million) to Nigeria’s Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

N1 billion (USD2.8 million) to the remaining 35 states in Nigeria.

N1.5 billion (USD4.2 million) to UBA’s presence countries in Africa.

N1 billion (USD2.8 million) for Medical Centres with equipment and supplies
Free Telemedicine call centre facility.

COVID-19: Jack Ma's Donation Moved From Lagos To Abuja By The Air Force

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF), yesterday, 24 March 2020, airlifted medical materials donated by the Jack Ma Foundation, China, for tackling the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Nigeria, from the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos to the Nnmadi Azikiwe International Airport(NAIA), Abuja in fulfilment of the NAF's roles of providing Military Aid to Civil Authority (MACA).

The donated medical materials, which consist of 107 boxes of medical supplies and equipment, comprising surgical masks, medical disposable protective clothing, face shields and detection kits, weighing about 3,000 pounds, were airlifted in a single mission using the NAF C-130 Hercules aircraft (NAF 913) and handed over by the NAF Aircrew to a delegation from the Federal Ministry of Health led by the Permanent Secretary, Alhaji Abdulazeez Mashi Abdullahi, today, 25 March 2020, at the NAIA, Abuja.




Read more

Anthony Joshua Self-Isolating After Contact With Prince Charles


Anthony Joshua Self-Isolating After News Prince Charles Has Coronavirus
IBF, WBA and WBO heavyweight world champion met the Prince of Wales on 9 March at the Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey where The Queen was also in attendance, but is said to be ‘fit and well’ at home
Jack de Menezes @JackdeMenezes
1 hour ago


Heavyweight world champion Anthony Joshua is at home in self-isolation after the news that Prince Charles has contracted coronavirus, with the two meeting 16 days ago at Westminster Abbey.

Joshua was in attendance at the Commonwealth Day service on 9 March alongside Prince Charles, 71, as well as The Queen, and a spokesman for the British boxer confirmed that he is “fit and well” while remaining at home following the UK government’s coronavirus lockdown.
Read more


Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Atiku pledges N50m in fight against coronavirus pandemic



Atiku pledges N50m in fight against coronavirus pandemic
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has donated N50million as relief fund to support the Federal Government’s battle against the coronavirus pandemic in the country.
Atiku made this pledge via a press statement on Wednesday, March 25.
He explained his contribution will help “form part of the stimulus package.”
He further praised the Federal and State Governments for taking precautionary measures in containing the spread of the virus in the country.
more

Osinbajo tests negative for coronavirus

Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo has tested negative to coronavirus, according to the Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters, Senator Babafemi Ojudu.

Taking to his twitter handle, @Babafemi ojudu, on Wednesday, said, “Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo tests negative.”

He did not say when the test was conducted.

Osinbajo’s spokesman, Mr Laolu Akande, confirmed it. Read more

Coronavirus: Police shut down 15 schools in Lagos

Lagos State Police Command has in the last six days deployed its resources across the state to ensure that the guidelines and directives issued by both the federal and state governments to prevent the spread of Coronavirus are fully obeyed.

The enforcement team shut down 15 schools, 8 clubs, 6 event centres and 8 places of worship for non-compliance.

According to Lagos State police spokesman, Bala Elkana, “With the directives issued by Lagos State Government on Tuesday, March 24, 2020, the enforcement would now be extended to all markets and stores, except markets that are selling food items, water, medicine, pharmacies, medical equipment and other related essential life-saving products, with effect from Thursday, March 26, 2020.

Coronavirus: confirmed cases as it stands today 25/03/2020

Here are the countries that have so far confirmed coronavirus cases:

Afghanistan - 79 cases, 3 death

Albania - 146 cases, 5 deaths

Algeria - 264 cases, 19 deaths

Andorra - 188 cases, 1 death  

Angola - 3 cases 

1,300 sprayers and drones deployed to disinfect market in Ghana.















Coronavirus: How to clean and protect your car from disease

Image result for car careAmid the current concerns over coronavirus, many are taking a closer look at how they could pick up and spread dangerous diseases such as COVID-19.
While sneezing into the crook of your elbow and regularly washing your hands for at least 20 seconds are highly publicised pieces of advice, many invisible germs could also be lurking in your car.
A car’s cabin is a particularly compact environment, where diseases like coronavirus can exist for an extended period of time.
more

Stonebwoy, Fancy Gadam & DJ Switch win big at IRAWMA 2020

Stonebwoy wearing a suit and tie: Stonebwoy, Fancy Gadam & DJ Switch win big at IRAWMA 2020Ghanaian dancehall sensation, Stonebwoy. has proven why he is one of the best Ghanaian musicians in the last 10 years.
The Ashaiman-born singer has been winning the hearts of music lovers both in Ghana and abroad.
more

Turkey charges 20 Saudis over Jamal Khashoggi murder




Turkey charges 20 Saudis over Jamal Khashoggi murder including two aides to Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman
Turkey has officially charged 20 suspects including two aides to Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman over the murder of the Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi in Istanbul in October 2018.

The 59-year-old commentator and Riyadh critic who wrote for The Washington Post was killed after he entered the Saudi consulate on October 2, 2018, to obtain paperwork for his wedding to Turkish fiancee Hatice Cengiz.

According to Turkish officials, Khashoggi was strangled and his body cut into pieces by a 15-man Saudi squad inside the consulate. His remains have never been found since then.

Chloroquine not approved for treatment of Coronavirus – NCDC

Chloroquine not approved for treatment of Coronavirus ? NCDC warns Nigerians

American lawyer sue Chinese governmen $20 trillion over spread of coronavirus around the world

Chinese government sued for $20 trillion over spread of coronavirus around the world
Chinese authorities have been sued for $20 trillion over the spread of coronavirus which has caused the death of many and also halted activities in different countries around the world.

The Chinese government, Chinese army, the Wuhan Institute of Virology, Director of Wuhan Institute of Virology Shi Zhengli and Chinese army's Major General Chen Wei, were joined as defendants in the lawsuit filed by American lawyer Larry Klayman, his advocacy group Freedom Watch and Texas company Buzz Photos.