Skip to main content

Syrian suicide bomber blows himself up outside German music festival, injures 12 people

A 27 year old Syrian suicide bomber blew himself up close to a German music festival in an 'Islamist suicide attack' - the third horrific attack on the country in the past week. The suicide bomber, a Syrian man who was reportedly denied asylum in the country, injured 12 people in a packed wine bar attack in Ansbach, near Nuremberg at 10pm last night.
The unnamed bomber had tried to get into the open-air music festival filled with 2,500 people but was turned away because he didn't have a ticket. So he walked to a bar in the centre of Ansback and detonated his bomb, which was said to be packed with metal fragments.
He died and injured 12 people, three of whom have very serious injuries, fortunately, no fatality has been reported.

Bavaria's top security official Joachim Herrmann said this morning that he believed the attacker was driven by religious extremism. He said:
'My personal view is that I unfortunately think it's very likely this really was an Islamist suicide attack.'
 'The obvious intention to kill more people indicates an Islamist connection,' he added
Police are today guarding the Syrian's home in Ansbach, as it emerged he had been refused asylum but still allowed to stay in Germany to avoid returning to his home country. A hearse containing his remains left the scene of the bombing at dawn this morning.

The terror attack came as Germany remains on high alert in the wake of three other violent attacks across the country in just one week.

Bavaria Interior Minister Joachim Herrmann said the man had tried to commit suicide twice before last night's bombing but didn't succeed.

Today there are calls for an inquiry into how the bomber was able to assemble the explosives needed for a terror attack and whether he had links to any terrorist group.

After the explosion, the music festival was cancelled, with thousands of attendees evacuated after it was revealed that the man carrying the bomb in his backpack was denied entry to the festival in the minutes before the blast.


Source: Daily Mail.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FG and labor leaders to meet today over planned strike action against increased pump price

The Federal government, leaders of the Nigeria Labor Congress NLC ‎and Trade Union allies will be meeting today May 16th to discuss on the planned strike action by the Labor congress. The labor leaders on Saturday May 14th gave FG till midnight of Tuesday May 17th to revert to the old pup price of petrol of N86.50 or face a total strike that may begin on Wednesday May 18th.

The Federal government and Labor leaders' meeting will hold at the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation in Abuja by 10am..

Those expected at the meeting include Minister of Labor Chris Ngige, leaders of NLC, TUC, Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers, NUPENG, and their Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria, PENGASSAN counterpart.

TRAGEDY IN GHANA-Police officer, pregnant wife, daughter perish in gory accident,new born baby survives

A Police officer, his pregnant wife, their 3-year-old daughter and their nephew died in a horrible accident on the Adabraka road Sunday dawn.

The Police officer identified as Sergeant Francis Essuman 42, with his nephew Kobby 21, and their daughter Wilhelmina 3, were accompanying his pregnant wife, Elizabeth Essuman, 36, to the hospital to deliver when the accident occurred.

According to Chief Inspector Lilly Rockson in an interview with Adom News said, the pregnant woman delivered a bouncing baby boy in the taxi half way to the hospital prompting them to panic.

In a bid to quickly get her to the hospital to avert any complications, the taxi driver was compelled to speed but ended up crushing into a Sprinter bus which was on top speed from Tudu in Accra.

Title-crazy civil servants to go

Title-crazy civil servants are scared of being sacked, The Nation learnt at the weekend. Officials, who violated the Public Service Rule banning titles until after retirement, may be retired in the coming civil service reforms.
Only those whose titles were traditionally inherited may be spared but their postings and conduct will be put under watch.
According to sources, the government is disturbed that most of the top civil servants with honorary awards actually bought them at high fees.
The affected civil servants violated the rules which grants them the right to such honors only after retirement.
Besides committing the resources of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAS) to such awards, most of the civil servants used the window to “grant favour to groups, persons, and communities in violation of their oath of office.”