Skip to main content

Photo of the knifeman who killed 19 people and wounded 45 at a care centre in Japan

In what is being described as Japan's worst mass killing in decades, at least 19 people are dead and 45 wounded in a knife attack on Tuesday at a facility for the handicapped in a city just west of Tokyo.
 
The face of of the perpetrator of the attacks has been revealed. 26-year-old Satoshi Uematsu turned himself in following the stabbing spree, confessing to the police that he wanted to "get rid of the disabled from this world". 
According to Japanese media reports, He sent bizarre texts around the time he committed the sickening crime. He was also reportedly seen handing out fliers near the facility that said: "It is wasteful to have the disabled continue living" earlier this year.
Authorities said Uematsu had been admitted to a hospital back in February, after police contacted him in response to a letter he had attempted to pass to the speaker of the lower house of Japan’s parliament. In the letter, Uematsu argued that the government should permit euthanasia for disabled people. He said he would be willing to carry out such killings himself, and detailed how he would do it.

“I envision a world where a person with multiple disabilities can be euthanised, with an agreement from the guardians, when it is difficult for the person to carry out household and social activities.” He claimed he could wipe out a total of 470 disabled individuals” by targeting two facilities for disabled people during the night shift, when staffing is low. "The act will be carried out speedily, and definitely without harming the staff. After wiping out the 260 people in two facilities, I will turn myself in."
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

U.S. Military Helicopter Crashes In Iraq On Thursday, Killing 7 People On Board

One of the U.S. military helicopter in Iraq has crashed after hitting a power line in Iraq's western Anbar province, killing all seven personnel aboard.

According to a statement from Pentagon this morning, the officials said the crash of the HH-60 Pave Hawk helicopter occurred Thursday afternoon near the town of Qaim.

"All personnel aboard were killed in the crash," Brig. Gen. Jonathan P. Braga, director of operations, Combined Joint Task Force - Operation Inherent Resolve, said in a statement.

"This tragedy reminds us of the risks our men and women face every day in service of our nations," he said. "We are thinking of the loved ones of these service members today."

The statement further said;

Wife Of Donald Trump Junior Files For Divorce

(Reuters) - The wife of Donald Trump Jr., the eldest son of U.S. President Donald Trump, has filed for divorce in New York, according to court records.

Vanessa Trump, a former model and actress, and Trump Jr. said in a joint statement on Thursday: "After 12 years of marriage, we have decided to go our separate ways."

The statement was provided by the Trump Organization, the president's business empire, which his son helps manage.


Further details were not immediately available on the uncontested divorce filing by Vanessa Trump in a New York state court. She and Trump Jr. have "enormous respect" for each other, according to the joint statement, which also asked for privacy.

Prison Officers Secretly Move Charles Okah To Borno Prisons After Life Sentence

Charles Okah, the brother of the leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), who was given a life sentence for terrorism, has been secretly moved from Kuje Prisons, Abuja, to one of the prison facilities in Borno State, THISDAY has learnt.

Worried about his seeming familiarity with the prison environment and the officers at the Kuje Prisons, the authorities of the Nigerian Prison Service (NPS) last Tuesday transferred him quietly.