Skip to main content

Man falsely labeled as Dallas shooting suspect says he received ‘Thousands’ of death threats

Mark Hughes, the Dallas man who was falsely labeled as the Dallas shooting suspect, told CBS Dallas that he has received “thousands” of death threats since authorities posted his image to Twitter on Thursday, July 7.



“Y’all have my faces on national news, are y’all gonna come out and say that this young man had nothing to do with it?” he asked of police in the interview. “We’ve been getting death threats. It was persecution on me, unrightly.”
The police have since identified 25-year-old Micah Johnson as the lone sniper in the incident.
Johnson was killed by a bomb detonated by authorities around 2:30 a.m. Friday.

The tweet with Hughes’ likeness remained online for nearly all of Friday before finally being taken down.
“We received a phone call that my face was there on a suspect and I immediately flagged down a police officer,” he told CBS Dallas. He added that it was a shock for him to learn that he was being treated as a suspect because he had been “talking to police, laughing and joking with police officers,” earlier in the day.
A subsequent tweet by the Dallas police department read: “The person of interest whose picture has been circulated just turned himself in.”

Hughes said he was held for approximately 30 minutes, questioned, and then released.

He later told Dallas TV station KTVT that during the investigation, officers told him they had a video of him shooting and that eyewitnesses had claimed to see him shooting his gun. Hughes called both statements “lies.”
“At the end of the day, the system was trying to get me,” he said.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

U.S. Military Helicopter Crashes In Iraq On Thursday, Killing 7 People On Board

One of the U.S. military helicopter in Iraq has crashed after hitting a power line in Iraq's western Anbar province, killing all seven personnel aboard.

According to a statement from Pentagon this morning, the officials said the crash of the HH-60 Pave Hawk helicopter occurred Thursday afternoon near the town of Qaim.

"All personnel aboard were killed in the crash," Brig. Gen. Jonathan P. Braga, director of operations, Combined Joint Task Force - Operation Inherent Resolve, said in a statement.

"This tragedy reminds us of the risks our men and women face every day in service of our nations," he said. "We are thinking of the loved ones of these service members today."

The statement further said;

Badoo Srine Discovered,Alaka Abayomi Of Alaka Petroleum Apprehended(Video)

The Nigerian police SARS, IRT and RRS, has arrested a popular independent oil marketer of Alaka petroleum Alhaji Abayomi Alaka . Following investigations of the recent killing of a family of five over the weekend , kudos to the gallant men of the Nigerian police

Wife Of Donald Trump Junior Files For Divorce

(Reuters) - The wife of Donald Trump Jr., the eldest son of U.S. President Donald Trump, has filed for divorce in New York, according to court records.

Vanessa Trump, a former model and actress, and Trump Jr. said in a joint statement on Thursday: "After 12 years of marriage, we have decided to go our separate ways."

The statement was provided by the Trump Organization, the president's business empire, which his son helps manage.


Further details were not immediately available on the uncontested divorce filing by Vanessa Trump in a New York state court. She and Trump Jr. have "enormous respect" for each other, according to the joint statement, which also asked for privacy.