Skip to main content

EFCC is manufacturing fake evidences against me, says Obanikoro


 The former Minister of State for Defense, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro has revealed another plot and desperate attempt by the operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to nail him in the ongoing investigation of arms deal linked to the embattled Office of the National Security Adviser, Colonel Sambo Dasuki by making use of blanked signed letter headed paper found in his 0house to forge acknowledgement reciepts.

In a statement released on Friday by his Media Aide, Mr Jonathan Eze, the former Minister expressed disappointment that the anti graft agency has ignominously graduated from political persecution into manufacturing evidences against his person in other to drag his name in the mud, proving us right that the commision has devolved into a government appendage for political withchunting.


The statement reads in parts:

" Recall that when the EFCC illegally raided my houses in Lagos, they went away with various documents which included a blanked signed letter headed papers as testified in the Affidavit sworn in the Court.
"It has however came to my notice that the EFCC has allegedly written an acknowledgement on one of the document purportedly as evidence that i collected the equivalent sum of 1million dollars in cash from a Bureau the Change and signed for it. "This is another lie from the pit of hell. How can anybody change money from a Bureau De Change and sign for it ? 
"I still insist that throughout my stints as Minister, I never collected any money from any Bureau De Change and as such, I urge the public to ignore the EFCC who are trying to skew up investigations in its favour. 
"The EFCC has obviously betrayed public trust by its latest sinister plan of manufacturing receipt in my name. Instead of genuinely carrying out it's mandate, it has been grossly overshadowed by political wiles.
 Last month, Punch newspaper had quoted a detective at the EFCC saying that :
“The owner of A. A. G. B. S Oil and Gas confirmed to us that the company is a BDC but was only bearing the name of an oil company. He confirmed that he received N168m from Sylvan McNamara and $1m was delivered to Obanikoro in cash while he was the Minister of State for Defence based on the exchange rate at the time.
“Obanikoro acknowledged receipt of the cash and we have recovered evidence.”
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

U.S. Military Helicopter Crashes In Iraq On Thursday, Killing 7 People On Board

One of the U.S. military helicopter in Iraq has crashed after hitting a power line in Iraq's western Anbar province, killing all seven personnel aboard.

According to a statement from Pentagon this morning, the officials said the crash of the HH-60 Pave Hawk helicopter occurred Thursday afternoon near the town of Qaim.

"All personnel aboard were killed in the crash," Brig. Gen. Jonathan P. Braga, director of operations, Combined Joint Task Force - Operation Inherent Resolve, said in a statement.

"This tragedy reminds us of the risks our men and women face every day in service of our nations," he said. "We are thinking of the loved ones of these service members today."

The statement further said;

Wife Of Donald Trump Junior Files For Divorce

(Reuters) - The wife of Donald Trump Jr., the eldest son of U.S. President Donald Trump, has filed for divorce in New York, according to court records.

Vanessa Trump, a former model and actress, and Trump Jr. said in a joint statement on Thursday: "After 12 years of marriage, we have decided to go our separate ways."

The statement was provided by the Trump Organization, the president's business empire, which his son helps manage.


Further details were not immediately available on the uncontested divorce filing by Vanessa Trump in a New York state court. She and Trump Jr. have "enormous respect" for each other, according to the joint statement, which also asked for privacy.

Prison Officers Secretly Move Charles Okah To Borno Prisons After Life Sentence

Charles Okah, the brother of the leader of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), who was given a life sentence for terrorism, has been secretly moved from Kuje Prisons, Abuja, to one of the prison facilities in Borno State, THISDAY has learnt.

Worried about his seeming familiarity with the prison environment and the officers at the Kuje Prisons, the authorities of the Nigerian Prison Service (NPS) last Tuesday transferred him quietly.