Skip to main content

$15b Deals: I’m Ready For Trial, Says Ex-nsa Dasuki

Former National Security Adviser (NSA) Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd) has protested his detention for alleged $15billion arms deals facilitated by the Office of National Security Adviser (ONSA).

He says the Federal Government should allow his trial to begin, The Nation learnt yesterday.

Dasuki is said to have told his associates that he is not disposed to a secret trial.
He insists that based on service rules in a security system, he only obeyed the directive of the President and Commander-in-Chief, former President Goodluck Jonathan.

The ex-NSA, The Nation learnt, told his associates: “I am ready for trial because they have destroyed my family’s name and my professional integrity, especially how we successfully fought Boko Haram and recovered major towns and cities, not villages. They should let my trial start in earnest to enable Nigerians know the truth from falsehood.

There is a plan to try Dasuki’s case in secret to protect some of the witnesses. But Dasuki disagreed.

He said: ”I don’t believe in secret trial and there is no basis for it because the government has filed all necessary papers in court and attached the list of witnesses.

Since the witnesses have become public knowledge, there is no basis for secret trial.’
Dasuki also queried the rationale for keeping him in custody “without any warrant”.

He said: “Since I was detained in the custody of the Department of State Service (DSS), I have not been shown any warrant to this effect or court order.

”I deserve to be shown the warrant of detention by DSS and the purpose for restricting me to house arrest. My detention is unlawful.”

He urged Nigerians to prevail on the government to admit him to bail in line with the present administration’s commitment to the Rule of Law.

Dasuki said: “All those who collected funds from ONSA have been granted bail but I am still in custody. I have been granted bail on all the cases filed against me by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), and even DSS, but I have not been released.

”If all the beneficiaries of the so-called funds are on bail, what have I done wrong? Nigerians should help prevail on the government to grant me bail.

”I cannot rock the boat. I am prepared for trial. We did everything with national and security interest.”

Dasuki stressed that he disbursed all the funds credited to ONSA based on the directive of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan.

”Based on the service rules in the security circle, I owe it a duty to obey the President and Commander-In-Chief. Ex-President Jonathan approved all the expenses incurred by ONSA.

”I am ready to prove in court how we complied with the directive of the ex-President.”

Dasuki was initially arrested by the DSS but EFCC took custody of him for trial.
But he was later returned to DSS facility from where he had been going to various courts.

The EFCC had arraigned Dasuki, and two others on 19-count charge of misappropriation of funds meant for purchase of arms before a Federal Capital Territory High Court in Maitama, Abuja.


http://thenationonlineng.net/15b-deals-im-ready-trial-says-ex-nsa-dasuki/
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FG and labor leaders to meet today over planned strike action against increased pump price

The Federal government, leaders of the Nigeria Labor Congress NLC ‎and Trade Union allies will be meeting today May 16th to discuss on the planned strike action by the Labor congress. The labor leaders on Saturday May 14th gave FG till midnight of Tuesday May 17th to revert to the old pup price of petrol of N86.50 or face a total strike that may begin on Wednesday May 18th.

The Federal government and Labor leaders' meeting will hold at the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation in Abuja by 10am..

Those expected at the meeting include Minister of Labor Chris Ngige, leaders of NLC, TUC, Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers, NUPENG, and their Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria, PENGASSAN counterpart.

TRAGEDY IN GHANA-Police officer, pregnant wife, daughter perish in gory accident,new born baby survives

A Police officer, his pregnant wife, their 3-year-old daughter and their nephew died in a horrible accident on the Adabraka road Sunday dawn.

The Police officer identified as Sergeant Francis Essuman 42, with his nephew Kobby 21, and their daughter Wilhelmina 3, were accompanying his pregnant wife, Elizabeth Essuman, 36, to the hospital to deliver when the accident occurred.

According to Chief Inspector Lilly Rockson in an interview with Adom News said, the pregnant woman delivered a bouncing baby boy in the taxi half way to the hospital prompting them to panic.

In a bid to quickly get her to the hospital to avert any complications, the taxi driver was compelled to speed but ended up crushing into a Sprinter bus which was on top speed from Tudu in Accra.

Title-crazy civil servants to go

Title-crazy civil servants are scared of being sacked, The Nation learnt at the weekend. Officials, who violated the Public Service Rule banning titles until after retirement, may be retired in the coming civil service reforms.
Only those whose titles were traditionally inherited may be spared but their postings and conduct will be put under watch.
According to sources, the government is disturbed that most of the top civil servants with honorary awards actually bought them at high fees.
The affected civil servants violated the rules which grants them the right to such honors only after retirement.
Besides committing the resources of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAS) to such awards, most of the civil servants used the window to “grant favour to groups, persons, and communities in violation of their oath of office.”