Skip to main content

Jonathan’s CSO Denies $6.9m Allegation As EFCC Begins Full Probe Of Diezani

Chief Security Officer to President Goodluck Jonathan, Gordon Obuah, has denied allegation of purchase of three mobile stages worth $6.9m, for public appearance of his boss.

Obuah’s lawyer, Mr. Andrew Tsekiri, told The Punch on Sunday, said the allegation was false.

He dared the President Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government to produce evidence instead of putting him on trial in the media.

The lawyer said, “Let me tell you, nothing like that exists. Obuah did not demand for money for any stage. Let them show to Nigerians evidence that he took the money. When Obuah was in their (DSS) detention, they investigated this particular matter and found out that it was false.

“He was confronted with the allegation. Mr. Obuah told them that he knew nothing about it, and they found that the allegation was false. They released him, why are they bringing it up again?

“They have investigated the allegation and they found out it was false, since then no government agency had contacted or invited Mr. Obuah.

“They should show how Diezani authorised the payment of the money and how it left Citibank to Zenith Bank, to Access Bank to Sterling Bank and they should show how it ended in Obuah’s account.”

Tsekiri said the outcome of the allegation would soon show that the Buhari administration was not interested in governance but to frame up allegations against people.

“They are just lying against Diezani and Mr. Jonathan. Let me tell you what they want to do. They will charge Obuah to court, make all the noise about the allegation that has been published, knowing full well that the matter will not be decided in about a year or two, and by then, the public would have forgotten about it but they would have spoilt your name.”

Meanwhile, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has commenced a full investigation into the activities of the immediate past Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation.

The Punch reports that the commission has constituted a four-member committee of crack detectives, led by a Superintendent of Police, to probe all the NNPC accounts, which were supervised by the former minister.

The other three members of the committee, it was gathered, were pioneer civilian operatives of the commission with high capacity for investigation.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/31/jonathans-cso-denies-6-9m-allegation-as-efcc-begins-full-probe-of-diezani/
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FG and labor leaders to meet today over planned strike action against increased pump price

The Federal government, leaders of the Nigeria Labor Congress NLC ‎and Trade Union allies will be meeting today May 16th to discuss on the planned strike action by the Labor congress. The labor leaders on Saturday May 14th gave FG till midnight of Tuesday May 17th to revert to the old pup price of petrol of N86.50 or face a total strike that may begin on Wednesday May 18th.

The Federal government and Labor leaders' meeting will hold at the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation in Abuja by 10am..

Those expected at the meeting include Minister of Labor Chris Ngige, leaders of NLC, TUC, Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers, NUPENG, and their Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria, PENGASSAN counterpart.

TRAGEDY IN GHANA-Police officer, pregnant wife, daughter perish in gory accident,new born baby survives

A Police officer, his pregnant wife, their 3-year-old daughter and their nephew died in a horrible accident on the Adabraka road Sunday dawn.

The Police officer identified as Sergeant Francis Essuman 42, with his nephew Kobby 21, and their daughter Wilhelmina 3, were accompanying his pregnant wife, Elizabeth Essuman, 36, to the hospital to deliver when the accident occurred.

According to Chief Inspector Lilly Rockson in an interview with Adom News said, the pregnant woman delivered a bouncing baby boy in the taxi half way to the hospital prompting them to panic.

In a bid to quickly get her to the hospital to avert any complications, the taxi driver was compelled to speed but ended up crushing into a Sprinter bus which was on top speed from Tudu in Accra.

Title-crazy civil servants to go

Title-crazy civil servants are scared of being sacked, The Nation learnt at the weekend. Officials, who violated the Public Service Rule banning titles until after retirement, may be retired in the coming civil service reforms.
Only those whose titles were traditionally inherited may be spared but their postings and conduct will be put under watch.
According to sources, the government is disturbed that most of the top civil servants with honorary awards actually bought them at high fees.
The affected civil servants violated the rules which grants them the right to such honors only after retirement.
Besides committing the resources of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAS) to such awards, most of the civil servants used the window to “grant favour to groups, persons, and communities in violation of their oath of office.”