Skip to main content

How Adoke stopped Abba Moro from hijacking 1,600 NIS jobs

ABUJA—Indications emerged last night that the immediate past Interior Minister, Mr. Abba Moro, tried but failed to hijack the rescheduled recruitment of 1,600 Nigerians into the Nigerian Immigration Service.
*Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adoke
*Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adoke
Investigations by Vanguard indicate that Moro, whose ministry supervised Immigrations, Prisons and Civil Defence, had objected to the conduct of the recruitment into NIS by the Presidential Committee raised by former President, Goodluck Jonathan.
Vanguard investigation further revealed that Moro tried in vain to stop the presidential committee from recruiting the new hands by raising some legal issues to justify his position, but was overruled by the then Minister of Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Mohammed Adoke.

Moro’s attempt to take charge of the new recruitment exercise followed the death of no fewer than 15 NIS job applicants and the loss of at least N1 billion by those who had to part with N1,000 each as a condition for taking part in the controversial and tragic process.
Documents obtained by Vanguard in Abuja yesterday, indicated that the former minister, in a memo dated February 17, and addressed to the Attorney-General of the Federation, objected to allowing the presidential committee to handle the recruitment in conjunction with the Immigrations and Prisons Services Board, IPSB, saying it could be illegal.
The memo, with reference No. MI/HMO/S.373/11/25, signed by Moro and addressed to the HAFG, the former minister claimed that neither the presidential committee nor the IPSB had the expressed power to venture into the recruitment of staff for the NIS.
Findings by Vanguard show that the NIS Controller-General, Mr. David Paradang, who was desirous of getting more fresh hands into the service, fell a victim of the recruitment exercise by making the board to ratify the appointment of the 1,600 staff, following the clearance given by the Attorney-General that the exercise was in order.
Paradang had requested that a total of 4,556 officers and men should be recruited to shore up the NIS operations, but the former Minister of Finance and the Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, overruled him, saying that there was no money to support that large number.
Rather than get the 4,556 staff at once, the minister directed that the number should be spread over three years.
The NIS boss was suspended by President Muhammadu Buhari last week over the controversial exercise and is yet to be recalled.

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

U.S. Military Helicopter Crashes In Iraq On Thursday, Killing 7 People On Board

One of the U.S. military helicopter in Iraq has crashed after hitting a power line in Iraq's western Anbar province, killing all seven personnel aboard.

According to a statement from Pentagon this morning, the officials said the crash of the HH-60 Pave Hawk helicopter occurred Thursday afternoon near the town of Qaim.

"All personnel aboard were killed in the crash," Brig. Gen. Jonathan P. Braga, director of operations, Combined Joint Task Force - Operation Inherent Resolve, said in a statement.

"This tragedy reminds us of the risks our men and women face every day in service of our nations," he said. "We are thinking of the loved ones of these service members today."

The statement further said;

Badoo Srine Discovered,Alaka Abayomi Of Alaka Petroleum Apprehended(Video)

The Nigerian police SARS, IRT and RRS, has arrested a popular independent oil marketer of Alaka petroleum Alhaji Abayomi Alaka . Following investigations of the recent killing of a family of five over the weekend , kudos to the gallant men of the Nigerian police

Wife Of Donald Trump Junior Files For Divorce

(Reuters) - The wife of Donald Trump Jr., the eldest son of U.S. President Donald Trump, has filed for divorce in New York, according to court records.

Vanessa Trump, a former model and actress, and Trump Jr. said in a joint statement on Thursday: "After 12 years of marriage, we have decided to go our separate ways."

The statement was provided by the Trump Organization, the president's business empire, which his son helps manage.


Further details were not immediately available on the uncontested divorce filing by Vanessa Trump in a New York state court. She and Trump Jr. have "enormous respect" for each other, according to the joint statement, which also asked for privacy.