Skip to main content

DSS Charges Ex-NSA Dasuki To Court

The Department of State Services (DSS) has taken Sambo Dasuki, immediate past national security adviser, to court for alleged possession of unlicensed firearms.

In a raid on Dasuki’s residence in Abuja on July 16, the DSS had seized some firearms found in his possession as well as some vehicles.

The raid resulted in a standoff between soldiers guarding his residence and the DSS operatives, which did not end until the evening of the next day.
The DSS premised its “hit” on Dasuki on intelligence that he was planning to commit “treasonable felony”. However, it has so far been unable to prove this.

In a statement made available to TheCable on Monday, the DSS, through its acting spokesman, said: “You may recall that on 16 July, 2015, the Department of State Services (DSS), carried out a search operation on properties belonging to the immediate past national security adviser, Mohammed Sambo Dasuki (Col/rtd), in Abuja and Sokoto.

“This action was necessitated by credible intelligence which linked him to acts capable of undermining national security. The search operation led to the recovery of large cache of arms and ammunition among other things and for which further investigation was conducted.

“Consequently, on Monday 24 August, 2015, he was charged to court based on evidence so far obtained, but which relates to possession of fire arms without license punishable under section 27(i)(a)(i) of the Firearms Act Cap F28 LFN 2004. This is in line with democratic practice and our avowed commitment to the rule of law, in which nobody is deemed to be above the law no matter how highly placed in the society. Accordingly, the general public will be duly informed as the matter progresses.

“Meanwhile, the service recommits itself to the fundamental role of providing adequate security for all Nigerians to enable them pursue their legitimate aspirations and businesses.”



https://www.thecable.ng/jut-dss-charges-dasuki-court-firearms
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

U.S. Military Helicopter Crashes In Iraq On Thursday, Killing 7 People On Board

One of the U.S. military helicopter in Iraq has crashed after hitting a power line in Iraq's western Anbar province, killing all seven personnel aboard.

According to a statement from Pentagon this morning, the officials said the crash of the HH-60 Pave Hawk helicopter occurred Thursday afternoon near the town of Qaim.

"All personnel aboard were killed in the crash," Brig. Gen. Jonathan P. Braga, director of operations, Combined Joint Task Force - Operation Inherent Resolve, said in a statement.

"This tragedy reminds us of the risks our men and women face every day in service of our nations," he said. "We are thinking of the loved ones of these service members today."

The statement further said;

Badoo Srine Discovered,Alaka Abayomi Of Alaka Petroleum Apprehended(Video)

The Nigerian police SARS, IRT and RRS, has arrested a popular independent oil marketer of Alaka petroleum Alhaji Abayomi Alaka . Following investigations of the recent killing of a family of five over the weekend , kudos to the gallant men of the Nigerian police

Wife Of Donald Trump Junior Files For Divorce

(Reuters) - The wife of Donald Trump Jr., the eldest son of U.S. President Donald Trump, has filed for divorce in New York, according to court records.

Vanessa Trump, a former model and actress, and Trump Jr. said in a joint statement on Thursday: "After 12 years of marriage, we have decided to go our separate ways."

The statement was provided by the Trump Organization, the president's business empire, which his son helps manage.


Further details were not immediately available on the uncontested divorce filing by Vanessa Trump in a New York state court. She and Trump Jr. have "enormous respect" for each other, according to the joint statement, which also asked for privacy.